COOL was born in hope of becoming a bridge to let the art lovers all over the world inspire each other, link together as one, and create a new future in arts. The main contents consist of interviews of both New York-based and international artists and creators, special feature articles, art reports from around the world, reviews and column series. We contribute to the cultural exchange through arts and to the development of the art industry so that people in the world can enjoy arts casually and New York and major cities in the world can connect through the media COOL.
☆ Freely express your “ECO” with “decob!” ☆
In collaboration with Gallery Keep Six Contemporary and art magazine, COOL is calling for artists to contribute their original, hand-made eco-bags: Decorated Eco-Bag, a.k.a “decob,” for an exhibition and a product-release p roject, The Nomadic “decob.”
In midst of the global environmental issues, we believe taking initiative on what we can do locally, around our personal surroundings is the step
towards solving the global issue. The hand-made eco-bag, Decorated Eco-Bag, a.k.a.“ decob” will be shown to international audiences in effort to raise awareness of environmental issues and call to take initiatives.
※Partial income from this project will be donated to environmental organizations.
※All bags are made of 100% natural organic cotton, Fair Wage and Fair Labor.
= Project Description =========================
○ The hand-made eco-bags will be shown in an exhibition and will be available for sale.
○ Best of “decob” and other awards will be given to selected eco-bags.
○ Project will be covered by the art magazine COOL on its paper and online publications.
○ The exhibition will shown in Toronto, and thereafter tour to major cities such as New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong and London.
= The world tour exhibition =========================
The Nomadic “decob” 1st Stage in Toronto (Canada)
Venue：Keep Six Contemporary
Date：June 26 ‒ July 6,2008（10 days）
Opening Reception, Thursday, June26, 6-10PM.
The Nomadic “decob” 2nd Stage in Tokyo (Japan)
Theme：“eco art” ＋“travel”（BOOK246）、“eco art” ＋“food”（COOKCOOP）
Date：23 August - 6 September, 2008
The Nomadic “decob” 3rd Stage in Osaka (Japan)
Theme：“eco art” ＋ “healing”
Venue：Gallery at the HYATT
Date：19 September - 2 October, 2008
The Nomadic “decob” 4th Stage and next ... TBA
= Entry eligibility =========================
Anyone may apply regardless of whether they are corporate or private.
= Award =========================
2）Have a solo exhibition in Toronto for two weeks.
3）Publish special featured article, interview and works in COOL.
4）Collaborations with sponsors.
= Entry =========================
1) Send your design to （firstname.lastname@example.org）, with your: Name, Email Address, Tel, Mailing Address, brief profile, Name your design and use no more than 100 words to explain and describe your concept, Illustrations (JPEG or PDF) of your bag design.
2) Applicants will be notified of the result of screening.
3) We will ship the plain bag after receipt your entry fee.
4) Freely decorate and express your eco with it.
5) Finally, send “decob” back to us.
= Entry fee =========================
US＄20.00／2,000JPY (Paid by Check or Paypal / Including a deposit on a bag）
= Entry period =========================
2nd Stage in Tokyo → July 20, 2008
= Sales Price =========================
※Artists can bid a price.
※We will charge 50% commissions when bags are sold. A potion of proceeds from decob branded bags will be donated to a fund for environmental purpose, and it will assist developing countries trough "Fair trade."
Turner Color Works Ltd.
Keep Six Contemporary
Gallery at the HYATT Projects
For inquires: email@example.com
English / 日本語
Search this Blog